Grade 04 ELA - EC: E04.B-K.1.1.3
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- Arrange the events in an historical fiction reading passage into the correct chronological order.
- List the steps provided in a technical text in the proper order.
- Summarize each step in the procedures found in a scientific text.
- Construct timeline of events found in an historical fiction reading passage.
- Construct timeline of both historical events and events from the story in an historical reading passage. Timeline should include event and the cause and effect of the event.
- Draw conclusions from a scientific text citing specific procedures, steps or concepts found in the passage.
- Student will identify and arrange the events in an historical fiction reading passage into the correct chronological order. Student may use a timeline graphic organizer to list events.
- Student will read technical reading passage and list the steps contained within the text in the correct order.
- Student will read a scientific text and identify the procedures found therein. Student will summarize each step of the procedure, in order, providing an overall summary of the process.
- Student will build a timeline of events found within an historical reading passage. Student will ensure that the events are in proper order. Student may be able to identify cause and effect on a large scale, using first and last events to build their theories. Graphic organizers may help student organize events.
- Student will construct a timeline of events found within an historical reading passage. Timeline should include the cause and effect of each event on the timeline. Student should include personal connections/observations about each event and why it had the effect that it did.
- Student will read a scientific reading passage and identify the steps or procedures within. Student should construct a conclusion, citing steps that support the conclusion.