Grade 03 ELA - EC: E03.A-K.1.1.3
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- Who is the main character in the story?
- Who are the minor characters in the story?
- Based on the character’s actions, what character trait would best describe the character?
- Describe a problem that the character faced in the story.
- Explain how the character changes from the beginning of the story to the end.
- How do the actions of the characters lead to the events that take place in the story?
- Students will be able to identify the main character in the story.
- Students will be able to identify the minor characters in the story.
- Students will choose a character trait to describe the character. They will use details from the story to support this trait.
- Students will describe a problem faced by the character. They will include details from the story to show this problem.
- Students will describe how the character changes throughout the story. They will include details that explain why these changes take place.a
- Students will describe the interactions/actions of the main and minor characters. They will show how these connect to the events that occur as the story develops.