Grade 03 ELA - EC: E03.A-K.1.1.1
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- What is the setting of the story?
- What questions are posed but not answered in the first paragraph?
- Why is this a good title for the story?
- Create a question that could be answered in the third paragraph.
- Explain how the setting of the story is related to the events that take place.
- Create a new title for the story and explain why you chose it.
- Students will use evidence from the story to determine where and/or when the story takes place.
- Students will refer to the first paragraph. They will use the information to determine which question is not answered.
- Students will show a connection between the story’s title and an event that took place in the story.
- Students will create a question in which information in the third paragraph would help to answer that question.
- Students will describe events in the story that could only happen in that particular time or place.
- Based on events that happen in the story, students will create a new title. The title should be relevant and reflect a major point or event in the passage.