Supporting Technology & Engineering in Pennsylvania with Engineering byDesign – Step w/EbD Summer Workshops
PDE is providing exciting opportunities to provide support for the implementation of the new Pennsylvania Technology & Engineering Standards which are part of the Science, Technology & Engineering, Environmental Literacy & Sustainability STEELS Standards, posted on the SAS STEELS Hub.
NOTE: Check out the Shared Content in the Technology & Engineering PLC for Resources to Support Standards Implementation; these resources are updated frequently.
Educators are invited to attend an EbD summer workshop. Offered for elementary, middle and high school, these trainings, as detailed below, provide an understanding of the new T&E standards and provide resources to support curriculum design.
STEP w/EbD Initiative provides:
- PK-12 Engineering byDesign (EbD)MediaRich Edition curriculum access that includes a learning management system, real-time online access to all course updates, additional interactive media, and online pre and post-assessments. Engineering byDesign (EbD) is aligned to the ITEEA Standards for Technological and Engineering Literacy (STEL). The K-12 PA Technology & Engineering Standards are nearly identical to STEL Standards and will be aligned to all EbD courses. (Click here to request free access to EbD courses by grade level).
- Fully funded, 4-day in-person trainings (elementary, middle, and high school specific EbD courses) for 90 educators per year beginning in the summer of 2023. Act 48 will be available. Participants will receive a $816/person stipend to cover transportation, lodging, and meals (in-person only). If you cannot attend, or in-person spots are filled for 2023, additional training are being planned for the summers of 2024 and 2025.
NOTE: If all in-person seats are filled, unlimited concurrent virtual training will be available.
2023 STEP w/EbD Workshops in Pennsylvania
- June 13-16, 2023: Elementary (Riverview IU6 - Clarion)
- June 20-23, 2023: Middle School (BLaST IU17 - Williamsport)
- June 26-29, 2023: High School (Lancaster-Lebanon IU13 - Lancaster)
Please register below for an in-person or concurrent virtual STEP w/EbD Summer Workshop
Elementary (Riverview IU6 - Clarion): June 13-16, 2023
In- Person 2023 STEP w/EbD Summer Workshop in Pennsylvania- ELEMENTARY (CURRENTLY FULL/WAITLIST)
Virtual 2023 STEP w/EbD Summer Workshop in Pennsylvania- ELEMENTARY
Middle School (Williamsport - BLaST IU17): June 20-23, 2023
In- Person 2023 STEP w/EbD Summer Workshop in Pennsylvania- MIDDLE SCHOOL
Virtual 2023 STEP w/EbD Summer Workshop in Pennsylvania- MIDDLE SCHOOL
High School (Lancaster-Lebanon IU13 - Lancaster): June 26-29, 2023
In- Person 2023 STEP w/EbD Summer Workshop in Pennsylvania-HIGH SCHOOL
Virtual 2023 STEP w/EbD Summer Workshop in Pennsylvania-HIGH SCHOOL
Questions? Email Brandt Hutzel, PDE Technology & Engineering Content Advisor.