Grade 03 ELA - EC: E03.B-K.1.1.3
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- What words can be used to show sequence?
- What words can be used to show a cause and effect relationship?
- How is the text organized?
- Summarize the passage in the correct sequential order.
- What is another way the information in the passage could have been organized? Using information from the passage, show examples of how this would appear.
- Describe the relationship between the events in the passage.
- Students will list words such as first, next, then, and last.
- Students will list words such as because, therefore, as a result, and since.
- Students will determine the organization of the text. They will recognize time order, cause/effect, question/answer, compare/contrast, description/list, or problem/solution.
- Students will list the major details in the passage in the order that they occurred.
- Students will choose a way to organize the text that is different than how the author chose to write. Students will choose major details and demonstrate the new text organization, showing its effectiveness.
- Students will identify the major events in the passage and explain the connection between them. They will recognize cause/effect relationships, similarities and differences, or sequence of events.