Grade 03 ELA - EC: E03.B-K.1.1.2
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- What is the main idea of the passage?
- Identify the supporting details of the passage.
- Explain how the supporting details of the passage support the main idea.
- Explain how the main idea of each paragraph supports the main idea of the entire passage.
- Explain the connection between the title of the passage and the main idea of the text.
- Identify the most important details in the passage and tell why the author included them.
- Students will identify the main idea of the passage. It will tell what the passage is mostly about and will tell what the author wants the reader to understand about the topic.
- Students will identify details that support or explain the main idea.
- Students will go beyond listing details. They will discuss how these details help the reader understand what the author wants the reader to know about the topic.
- Students will identify the main idea of each paragraph. They will then explain the connection between these main ideas and the main idea of the entire passage.
- Students will identify details from the text that will explain the author’s choice for the title. The details should directly relate to the title.
- Students will identify the important details. They will explain how these details help the reader to understand the main idea for the entire passage.