Trauma-Informed Practices - A free, self-paced online module for educators
The Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights Education Initiative at Penn State offers an interactive, professional learning module to assist educators with the multilayered challenges of supporting K-12 students, teachers, and other school community members who have experienced trauma.
Through the module, you will:
- Learn how individual, collective, intergenerational, and secondary trauma can impact students and adults in your school community.
- Develop an understanding of trauma-informed principles and practices that can support learning, development, and well-being.
- Acquire strategies and tools for promoting social and emotional learning, self-care, and community care in your school.
- Engage in critical reflection to examine and hone your practice with a trauma-informed lens.
- Access a wealth of resources to use and share in your role.
Educators can register for free and earn a certificate of completion. Pennsylvania- certified educators who provide their PPID number and complete the module also earn 6 Act 48 hours.
To register, go to https://www.holocaust-ed-initiative.psu.edu/course/trauma
Click here to learn more about the Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights Education Initiative.