New and Updated Features are Now in Place in the SAS Portal!
- Selecting any of the six SAS elements in the header unfolds a drop down menu for easier access to resources.
- An upgraded search function offers the user a quick method to find SAS resources within each element.
- The updated English Language Development Standards and Model Performance Indicators with links to related academic standards, where appropriate, are displayed in a vertical view to allow users to understand the progression from Level 1 to Level 5.
Materials and Resources
- Materials and resources have been reviewed and updated.
- The dropdown menu includes a Toolkit toolbar where users can see all available toolkits and access a selected toolkit via one click.
- Created by PDE Content Advisors, Online Resources for Instruction offer content-specific resoruces to assist educators in planning instruction – whether online, face-to-face, or blended.
- A series of modules and mini-lessons to engage learners through interaction with online resources, Pennsylvania Learns Online is a collection of PK-12 modules in ELA, Math, and Science. (Note: These resources are updated as revisions occur.)
- Users can create customized test questions utilizing the SAS step-by-step process.
- Tests can be custom designed, with the option of integrating teacher-created test questions and test items from the PDE SAS Assessment Center.
- Customized assessments can be shared with colleagues to create a repository of common assessments.
- Once created, tests can be redesigned as instruction and needs dictate.
- Users can create a Check for Understanding formative assessment to send students via hyperlink. Students respond and the teacher receives immediate feedback.
- District administrators can access a curriculum map template that can be customized and shared with educators within the system.
- Educators seeking Act 48 courses can visit the PD Center and search courses by keyword.
- By subscribing to SAS News, educators will receive timely, informative information around a variety of instructional topics.
- In order to subscribe to the RSS feed, an RSS feed reader may be required. If you need assistance in learning about RSS feed readers, please contact the Help Desk (1.877.973.3727).