Will Your Students be Future Ready?
Each year the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) hosts an annual conference designed to provide educators with updates on state educational initiatives. The Standards Aligned System (SAS) Institute includes general sessions with nationally recognized keynote presenters while panel presentations and breakout sessions typically highlight exemplars and programming from schools and organizations across the commonwealth.
This year’s SAS Institute, Future Ready PA: Transforming Student Pathways, is scheduled for December 9-12, 2018, at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center. Overarching goals include the following:
- Create awareness of student pathways
- Highlight the need for partnerships between education and labor and industry
- Showcase pathway models that represent business, apprenticeships, higher education, career and technology education, military, STEM, computer science, industry credentials, etc.
- Situate ESSA, equity, and Future Ready PA Index as key concepts in furthering school success
Keynote presenters include the following:
- Tony Wagner, author of Most Likely to Succeed: Preparing Our Kids for the Innovation Era makes a compelling case for how our education system has to change if we are to create the innovators we need to face tomorrow's challenges.
- Gary Schoeniger, co-author of Who Owns The Ice House: Eight Life Lessons From An Unlikely Entrepreneur and described as an internationally recognized thought leader in the field of entrepreneurial mindset education
- Sunanna Chand, Innovation accelerator, Pittsburgh explorer, and director of the Remake Learning Council, will share the Council’s work in sparking creativity in kids, activating them to acquire knowledge and skills necessary for navigating lifelong learning, the workforce, and citizenship.
- Eileen Cipriani, Deputy Secretary for Workforce Development with Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor and Industry, addresses the Pennsylvania workforce needs and how increasing partnerships can build a system of competitiveness and innovation.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .